|Senior Case Officer
|Full time – permanent with majority home working (minimum 4 days per month in the office)
|£45,000 – £50,000 per annum – Band 4
|High Holborn, London
We are looking to appoint a full-time qualified barrister, solicitor (or equivalent) within the Investigations and Enforcement team. As a successful post holder, you will hold your own caseload including complex cases and will be responsible for:
- investigating barristers conduct
- drafting charges and reports
- gathering evidence and deciding on the content of bundles,
- corresponding with barristers, witnesses and anyone involved in the regulatory process.
- You will also be required to attend hearings and support counsel at tribunals and appeals before the High Court.
Key skills and experience required to undertake the role include:
- Qualified barrister, solicitor (or equivalent)
- Experience of legal procedures or litigation
- Substantial experience of casework
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, sharing knowledge and supporting other members of staff
- Knowledge of regulatory procedures and/or experience of working for a regulator is desirable
Full details of the role requirements, and role specification can be viewed in the job description – see below/ attached).
Working for the BSB
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter, addressing the essential criteria from the person specification. We operate an anonymous recruitment process, to reduce the chance of unconscious bias from our process, please remove your name and other personal information from your CV and covering letter before submitting.
The Bar Standards Board is a Disability Confident Committed employer. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria for this role will be guaranteed an interview. Candidates with a disability who require reasonable adjustments should contact Vivien Bock, HR Adviser on 0207 611 4699 or HRCentralMailbox@BarCouncil.org.uk to discuss arrangements.
The Bar Standard Board aims to recruit a talented workforce and values the diversity in background, skills and experience of its staff. We are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all job applicants irrespective of race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, maternity or pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status or gender re-assignment.
|Sunday 11th June 2023
|Proposed Interview Date
|Week commencing 19th June 2023