Assistant Presentation Lawyer
Salary: £45,796 – £53,877 pa
Location: London/Hybrid (3 days from home)
Hours: Full time
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Lawyer with knowledge of healthcare regulation to build on your case management and preparation skills.
As an Assistant Presentation Lawyer, you will conduct a high-volume caseload of the Council’s FTP cases, including those referred to the Interim Orders Committee, carrying out case preparation and case management duties, at pace, accurately and on time.
What you will do
- Drafting detailed case plans including estimating the resources required
- Dealing with and accurately recording all case correspondence
- Determining the evidence required, ensuring it is obtained and commissioning expert evidence as appropriate
- Liaising with defence sides and hearings and ensuring case management compliance
- Encouraging and supporting more junior team members to develop their knowledge and skills
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified solicitor, barrister, Chartered Legal Executive or qualified equivalent.
- Knowledge of the legal framework relating to healthcare regulation.
- Ability to handle a high-volume caseload.
- Strong drafting and legal analytical skills
Our primary purpose is to protect patient safety and maintain public confidence in dental services. To achieve this, we register qualified dental professionals, set standards for the dental team, investigate complaints about dental professionals’ fitness to practise, and work to ensure the quality of dental education.
Our work matters and so do our people. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion by recruiting and strengthening our teams with team members from different backgrounds, life experiences and viewpoints. Equality and diversity are not just words, they are what makes our teams strong and able to deliver. We want to be champions of diversity and to have a sense of belonging in the workplace, where everybody has the chance to contribute and to share what is important to them.
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer a flexible hybrid working environment, as well as an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Pension contributions up to 10%
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 28 days holiday after 2 years of service
- Life assurance and income protection
- Staff discounts
How to apply:
To apply and view the full job description please visit
Closing date: 23:59 on Monday 28 August 2023.
Please no agencies unless instructed otherwise.
The GDC is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.