Location: London / Hybrid (3 days from home)
Salary: £33,081 – £38,918 pa
Hours: Full time
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your analytical and research skills, whilst working for the public good. You will gain invaluable experience in the healthcare regulation sector and have access to excellent career development prospects
What you will do
- Administering a caseload of Fitness To Practise cases
- Ensuring that all actions are taken in a timely manner, under the guidance of a prosecution lawyer.
- Preparing documents and witness statements
- Undertaking legal research
- Dealing with verbal and written correspondence
- Ensuring records are accurately maintained.
If you are able to demonstrate the following skills and experience, we would like to hear from you:
- Relevant legal experience.
- Previous healthcare regulation experience.
- Legal qualification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong legal drafting and analytical skills.
The people we interact with daily are incredibly diverse and we know how much of an asset empathy is to the way we operate. Your skills and expertise in equality and diversity, either as lived-in experience or as an ally, will be incredibly helpful in adding to the effectiveness of the team.
Our primary purpose is to protect patient safety and maintain public confidence in dental services. To achieve this, we register qualified dental professionals, set standards for the dental team, investigate complaints about dental professionals’ fitness to practise, and work to ensure the quality of dental education.
Our work matters and so do our people. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion by recruiting and strengthening our teams with team members from different backgrounds, life experiences and viewpoints. Equality and diversity are not just words, they are what makes our teams strong and able to deliver. We want to be champions of diversity and to have a sense of belonging in the workplace, where everybody has the chance to contribute and to share what is important to them.
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer a flexible hybrid working environment, as well as an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Pension contributions up to 10%
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 28 days holiday after 2 years of service
- Life assurance and income protection
- Staff discounts
How to apply:
For a full job description, including the competencies you will be assessed on in your application, please visit
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Monday 28 August 2023
Please note that this role may close early, therefore we would advise you to apply early.
Please no agencies unless instructed otherwise.