ARDL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ARDL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 10th May 2021.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- the name of the domain (the Internet protocol [IP] address and the associated name of a specific network attached to the Internet) from which you have
- accessed the Internet,
- the date and time you accessed the site,
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked,
- the pages you viewed while visiting the ARDL site.
ARDL collects no personal information about you (name, mailing address, phone, email address) unless you choose to provide that information by sending an email, requesting a membership, or signing up to receive information in our newsletter.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To respond to your requests and provide you with appropriate information
- To improve our services
- To periodically send information about our forthcoming events and services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is that of legitimate interest.
- We will keep any personal information about you whilst you remain an active member of ARDL, and for 18 months after you cease to be in membership. We will then dispose of your information securely by deleting any records held
ARDL may send you news and information on topics of interest to you. You have the option of subscribing to the ARDL mailing list and can do so on the website or by emailing requests to ARDL@blakemorgan.co.uk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will be able to click a box to indicate you are happy for the information to be used by ARDL for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at ARDL@blakemorgan.co.uk
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at ARDL@blakemorgan.co.uk
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk