About the role:
We are looking to recruit a bright, ambitious Associate (3+ PQE) to our busy Public Law and Regulatory team.
We offer challenging high quality work and a culture in which lawyers are trusted to take responsibility and challenge themselves in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We advise a range of clients, including regulators, professional bodies, regulated businesses and professionals, charities/not for profits and private individuals.
The department has an interesting and varied caseload including:
- Bringing and defending judicial review proceedings in the Administrative Court, or acting for Interested Parties;
- Advising in relation to the exercise of statutory powers and sustainable public law decision making, drafting procedures and rules,
- Advising on information law issues;
- Advising on public procurement including challenges to contracting authorities under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015;
- Conducting regulatory investigations and complex professional disciplinary proceedings on behalf of regulators, professional bodies or regulated businesses and advising on the management of regulatory risk and reputation management;
- Advising on professional liability and insurance disputes and acting in related litigation and arbitrations.
The team is ranked in Legal 500 for public and administrative law. The team and a number of our individual lawyers are also ranked in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for professional discipline.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent academic record, strong legal analysis and client care skills and previous experience in public law in a contentious or non-contentious legal role (including experience of liaising directly with clients and counsel).
Salary: Competitive plus attractive benefits package
Hours: Full time 35 hours a week
How to apply: For further details and to apply, click here: https://recruitment.russell-cooke.co.uk/VacancyDetails.aspx?FromSearch=True&MenuID=6Dqy3cKIDOg=&VacancyID=318