Contract Type Permanent
Working Pattern Full time – flexible working may be considered
Working Hours 35 hours per week
Salary £84,130 – £102,500 depending on knowledge, skills and experience
Location Options Hybrid – home based and Birmingham
Function Type Legal
As the Director of Legal and Enforcement you will be responsible for the successful strategic leadership and operational management of the Legal and Enforcement Directorate
Reporting into the Deputy Executive Director of Investigations and Enforcement, you will lead the effective delivery of the SRA’s enforcement strategy in a context of dynamic operational and regulatory changes, providing direction and oversight of the Directorate’s work.
You will provide inspirational leadership personally and through your senior leaders to a team of circa 40 legal professionals. You will ensure that your team provide advice, make recommendations and decisions that are evidence-based, risk-based and able to withstand legal challenge.
You will have outstanding communication skills and credibility to effectively manage a range of stakeholder management both internally and externally.
Championing a culture of continuous improvement and excellent customer service, you will deliver best-in class regulatory and operational processes and outcomes. You will be collaborative in approach and committed to team working and continuous improvement both within the Directorate as well as other departments.
What’s in it for you
- Lead the team at the cutting edge of legal regulation, responsible for delivering enforcement outcomes for the SRA
- Make a considerable and meaningful contribution to protecting the public and instilling its confidence in legal services
- Showcase your leadership, strategic thinking and decision making skills
What we are looking for
- An admitted solicitor or barrister in England and Wales with significant PQE as a senior legal professional
- Strong operational and legal background at a senior level
- A credible leader, skilled in operational delivery and adept at working through others to deliver outstanding results.
- Substantial experience in managing a complex case portfolio personally, as well as delivering through a team
- Experienced leader with an ability to inspire and motivate the team to achieve optimum performance and engagement
Useful and additional information
There is a Candidate Information pack and Role Profile attached at the bottom of the advert on our website.
This is a hybrid role working from our Birmingham office two days a week and from home the rest of the week.
If you have any questions that are not answered in the advert, or our website, you can contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to apply please visit: