Contract Type PermanentWorking Pattern Full time – flexible working may be consideredWorking Hours 35 hours per weekSalary £44,933 – £52,862 depending on knowledge skills and experienceLocation Options Hybrid – home based and BirminghamFunction Type Legal
We are looking for a Senior Legal Adviser to join our Legal & Enforcement team. This is a hybrid role working from home and our office in Birmingham.
What’s in it for me
- Represent the SRA in courts and tribunals
- Be responsible for running high profile and complex prosecutions before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
- Showcase your legal expertise giving high quality legal and regulatory advice across operational units.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-moving team who are at the cutting edge of legal regulation
- Mentor and coach team members, encouraging a high-performance culture
As a Senior Legal Adviser, you will be required to conduct advocacy on behalf of the SRA and will have significant experience of advocacy in courts or tribunals, preferably in a regulatory setting.
You will be working within the Legal and Enforcement department, providing high quality legal and regulatory advice and supporting investigations at an early stage, developing and delivering case strategy in complex and/or multiple cases.
Using your experience of mentoring and coaching you will help to develop and support team members to make sure that our Enforcement Strategy is applied to disciplinary proceedings in a consistent and proportionate way.
With previous practical experience of complex case analysis, you will utilise your strong case management skills and extensive knowledge of law, framework and rules within the regulation to lead and deliver solutions successfully.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive, has a high attention to detail and can demonstrate track record of delivering quality results.
What we are looking for
- A Solicitor or Barrister, with experience of conducting substantial litigation
- Experience of complex case analysis and legal drafting
- A strong communicator at all levels with the ability to work at pace
- Resilience, to deliver quality results in a timely manner.
Please see attached Role Profile for more detailed information on the role and requirements.
Useful and additional information
There is a full role profile attached to the bottom of this advert on our website.
We welcome applicants who may be looking to achieve a balance between their personal and professional life. This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week and are happy to talk flexible working. If you have any questions that aren’t in this advert or on our website, please contact us via: email@example.com
This is a hybrid role and will be based in our Birmingham office 1 to 2 days a week, and from home rest of the week.
Fore more information and to apply please visit https://sra.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-2/brand-4/xf-bcd72e1c9dae/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/3/opp/3003-Senior-Lawyer-Litigation/en-GB