Contract Type Permanent
Working Pattern Part time
Working Hours 21 hours per week
Salary £44,932 – £52,862 full time equivalent salary depending on knowledge, skills and experience
Location Options Hybrid – home based and Birmingham
Function Type Legal
We are looking for a Senior Lawyer to join our General Counsel team. This is a part time hybrid role working from home and our office in Birmingham.
What’s in it for me
- Work on a variety of projects, using problem solving and analytical thinking to solve legal and practical problems
- Support the regulation of the profession, protecting and promoting the public interest, and help shape and implement our responses to new challenges
- A broad and varied workload, focussing on public law and regulatory policy development, and including advice on best practice to the wider business
As a Senior Lawyer (Policy and Compliance), you will provide high quality, effective and timely advice on the legal obligations and regulatory powers available to the organisation.
This will include interpreting statutes, and delegated legislation and procedures, and how they practically apply to the work of the SRA. You will help to provide innovative solutions to complex legal problems, touching on a variety of areas of law. This may include drafting new professional rules and guidance, and advising on the SRA’s own operations.
You will work closely with our team members and across the organisation, and also with external stakeholders. You will mentor and coach, encouraging a high-performance culture – sharing knowledge and expertise across the team and wider business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive, has a high level of attention to detail and can demonstrate a track record of delivering quality results.
What we are looking for
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Experience of providing high quality regulatory/public law advice and drafting in an equivalent regulatory and / or public law environment
- Track record of leading and delivering solutions, taking accountability for the successful and timely resolution of very complex issues
- Understanding of SRA objectives, key deliverables and how to connect this with the political landscape
- Pragmatic and able to work collaboratively with legal and non-legal colleagues, including at senior level
Useful and additional information
There is a full role profile attached to the bottom of this advert on our website.
We welcome applicants who may be looking to achieve a balance between their personal and professional life. This is a part-time role working 21 hours per week and we are happy to talk about flexible working. If you have any questions that aren’t in this advert or on our website, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a hybrid role and will be based in our Birmingham office 1 to 2 days a week, and from home the rest of the week.
This role is available on a part time basis, ideally 21 hours per week. Salary range for 21 hours per week is £29,960 – £31,717 depending on knowledge, skills, and experience. We have some flexibility with the hours we can offer so please get in touch with us if you’d like to discuss.
For more information and to apply please visit https://sra.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-2/brand-4/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/3/opp/3004-Senior-Lawyer-Policy-and-Compliance/en-GB